Metal Injection Molding
Metal Injection Molding is a practical alternative to traditional production processes such as machining, press sintering and lost-wax casting.
Benefits of Metal Injection Molding
- Highest degree of design freedom for complex shapes and geometries
- Functional integration of various features, such as lateral drillings, interior and exterior threads and gear teeth
- Provides practical economic solutions to increasingly stringent material and product design requirements
- Excellent batch to batch repeatability with exceptional process capabilities
- Very high volume production series run on fully-automatic injection molding machines using multi-cavity tools
- Components can be heat and surface treated, plated, welded and soldered
- Low Alloy Steels
- Stainless Steels
- Heavy Alloy
See brochure for additional information on material properties.