Medtec Ireland 2015 : 3 Important Facts
What has become a must-attend event for businesses and professionals in the medtech industry, Medtec Ireland is dedicated to providing a platform for suppliers to connect with medical device manufacturers who need specialized products and technologies.
In April of this year, Europe’s largest medical device manufacturing show brought together 6200+ professionals from the medtech industry in Stuttgart, Germany for a 3-day event boasting over 640 exhibitors. Medtec’s conference program continues with Medtec Ireland 2015, being held October 6-7 in Galway, Ireland. This free event is Ireland’s largest pure medical design and manufacturing event and promises rich opportunities to learn, network and do business. Precipart will be exhibiting custom mechanical component solutions in stall #700 and we would love to meet you!
Here are three things you need to know about Medtec Ireland 2015:
The Host – Galway, Ireland
- Galway is the heart of Ireland’s medical device industry which nationally produces 50% of ventilators used in acute hospitals worldwide, 33% of the world’s contact lenses and is the second largest exporter of medtech products in Europe.
- The west coast of Ireland is home to eight of the top 10 medical device manufacturers by turnover in the world.
- 15 of the 20 largest global medical device companies have R&D and manufacturing facilities located in Ireland, especially centered on Galway.
- Galway employs one third of the country’s 25,000 medical device employees and the West accounts for 39% of regional distribution of medical device employees.
- The medical device cluster in Galway occurs through university-industry linkages, a continuous development of a skilled labor pool, international reputation through the success of Boston Scientific and Medtronic, the growth of supplier firms and knowledge transfers establishing new startups.
- The medical device companies within this cluster are supported by such organizations as Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, Údarás na Gaeltachta, Local Enterprise Office Galway, GMIT and NUI Galway.
Compared to its larger brother, Medtec Europe, Medtec Ireland will have a narrower focus, with seminars falling under the general themes of: “Innovations in Cardiovascular Devices,” “Drug-Device Combination Products,” “In-Vitro Diagnostics” and business development.
A two-day program will include wireless medical devices and an expert panel discussion on Unique Device Identification (UDI). With the ever-increasing trend of digitalizing healthcare solutions, the development of wireless devices is gaining significant momentum and will require innovative engineers and forward thinking businesspeople to propel it forward. The wireless device seminars will address everything from Wireless Sensing Technology, Miniaturized Computer Hardware, Cybersecurity and Regulatory issues pertaining to medical device software.
- 35 lectures from the industry’s leading professionals
- 12 dedicated networking seminar breaks, strategically spaced to allow for effective business development
- 3 innovation tours around the exhibition hall designed to help attendees find the suppliers and components they need as well as discover the latest technologies and products
- 105 international companies will be in attendance
Learn more about what we do at Precipart.